Green up your life skills and get closer to nature.
Your backyard is a natural extension of your home interior, where you spend quite a bit of time relaxing or having some family time with your kids, right? So, if you love gardening and spend your weekends on maintaining your green space or improving its look, then you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve got tonnes of helpful gardening tips that will take you on an educational journey from learning how to deal with waterlogged soil to what to do if curl grubs are ruining your lush turf.
Explore at your pace the posts below or give the search box above a try. And share your thoughts, of course, in the comment section under each post anytime!
- The time has come for preparing soil for planting, but you’re wondering how to do it. There’s probably a good reason why last year’s zucchini didn’t turn out well. “This year will be better”, we hear you say, but the best way to make tomatoes and cucumbers happy is to take soil cultivation seriously. Good […]
- Clay soil can be both a blessing and a curse. The waterlogging problem can make gardening and lawn maintenance feel like an impossible mission. However, like every other type of soil, clay also has its pros. Especially if you are looking for good potting soil for growing herbs and other plants indoors, then clay will […]
- Many types of garden projects result in one thing – a whole bunch of green waste that you need to find a way to dispose of. While the task may seem pretty self-explanatory – you just gather all of those leaves and branches and hire someone to remove them for you, there is actually a […]
- A beautiful, lush garden is a fantastic place to relax or get together with friends. But if the greenery is left unchecked, your little piece of paradise can quickly turn into a wild jungle. An overgrown garden can not only be unsightly, though. It can also bring about other problems, like invasive weeds taking over […]
- If you are a gardening enthusiast, you probably already know that mulching is one of the most rewarding jobs you can do in your garden. It’s a great option if you want to enhance the appearance of the landscaping while providing tons of nutrients that plants like (depending on the type of mulch, of course). […]
- Whether you are a new lawn owner in Australia because you’ve just moved to a house with a garden, or you already know a trick or two on how to take care of your outdoor lush green carpet, there’s always something new to learn about proper turf maintenance, wouldn’t you agree? Right then, with this […]
- Whether you’re a new or experienced gardener – you have to admit: gardening in sandy soil can be challenging. Compared to clay soil, the sandy type is easier to work with, but every “Pros” list has a negative side. It’s coarse and dry, and guess what – so will be most of your plants if […]
- The goal of every avid gardener is to grow healthy plants, and while skills do matter for success, there are other factors that also play an essential role. For example, the knowledge of the type and quality of the soil. Truth be told, many gardeners underestimate the importance of these factors and if you are […]
- During the warm months, it’s only natural to spend more time outside. And when you have a garden, what better place to catch some sunshine, play with your dog or make barbecue? But sometimes, after winter or a long and hot summer (which Australian summer isn’t really?), you might notice your lawn doesn’t look too […]