DIY your way to reinventing or keeping your home in top condition.
Love tinkering with stuff and modifying, repurposing or fixing things at home? Then, this section on our blog is just for you! You’ll find out how to troubleshoot your AC system, turn your balcony into a mini green paradise or extend your kitchen facilities out in the open for an enjoyable cooking experience outdoors.
Search the box above for helpful tips on some easy home repairs that you can do yourself with the help of a few simple tools. And please, tell us how you did in the comment section, so the rest of our readers can get inspired, too, and join our DIY community!
- Isn’t it frustrating when your oven door fails to close properly all of a sudden? Well, the problem may have appeared in a space of a few days, of course, but the result is all the same – heat escaping during cooking and a failed baked or roasted meal. There could be all sorts of […]
- Painting a fence with a spray gun or a roller is easy, and anyone can do it. All it takes is the right tools, some paint, a bit of preparation, and the courage to get your hands dirty (protip: wear disposable gloves). If you have noticed that the colour of your fence has faded over […]
- In this post, we will take a look at how to stop condensation on windows in winter. Australia has usually been portrayed as a warm sunny corner of the world in media, but we do get our fair share of cold. And condensation is the bane that comes with the colder months of the year. […]
- There comes a time in every homeowner’s life when a certain question arises and demands to be answered. The question of what type of heating should one get for their property. There are many options on the Australian market, but there are exactly 2 that are preferred by the majority of people – gas heating […]
- Wondering about whether it’s worth tinting your windows? Or maybe, you’ve heard about the different residential window tinting options out there and just can’t choose what to go for? Well, you see, house window tinting films come in different types, as they have different purposes. This post will give you a clearer picture of the […]
- Refrigerators are a staple appliance in every kitchen and should be serviced regularly, still issues arise now and then. Nobody likes a scenario where the fridge is not cooling its contents enough – it means the food will go bad, the ice cream will melt, and the beer at the end of the day will […]
- Plumbing is an integral part of your home. Your kitchen, bathroom, boiler – all these places need a functioning plumbing system to keep your life running smoothly. And yet, you probably never think about it… until something goes wrong. The trouble is that when things do go wrong, you’re often left having to deal with […]
- The boiler is an essential part of every household, and as such, it should be serviced and maintained properly. Boiler repair shouldn’t be taken lightly – a faulty boiler, be it electric or gas-fuelled, can result in the water being too hot or too cold, low water pressure or even have a foul odour. With […]
- Whether you want to add design features, line a wall, or reorganise the spaces in your place, plastering is a big part of home improvement. Plaster creates an even and durable finish, smooth and ready for the next part of the project. It’s an essential part of the final appearance and can be a big […]