DIY your way to reinventing or keeping your home in top condition.
Love tinkering with stuff and modifying, repurposing or fixing things at home? Then, this section on our blog is just for you! You’ll find out how to troubleshoot your AC system, turn your balcony into a mini green paradise or extend your kitchen facilities out in the open for an enjoyable cooking experience outdoors.
Search the box above for helpful tips on some easy home repairs that you can do yourself with the help of a few simple tools. And please, tell us how you did in the comment section, so the rest of our readers can get inspired, too, and join our DIY community!
- Did you just trip over your carpet in a rush to get to the door this morning? We feel for you, as this can happen totally out of the blue. But what are the causes behind carpet ripples that can play a joke with your balance and make you stumble, or worse – fall? This […]
- Painting a wall might seem simple enough at a glance, but there is a lot of preparing that you have to do before you apply that first coat of paint. Namely, you’ll have to figure out if you’ll need to use an undercoat on the surface that you’re going to paint over, and if you […]
- Aussies are al fresco dining lovers. And this comes as no surprise, considering the warm climate we enjoy most of the year in many regions in the country. The nation “runs” outdoors at every opportunity, be it to relax with a book under a tree, to do a bit of gardening or to set up […]
- If your tile floor feels unstable and makes a hollow sound in spots when you walk, most likely, a few tiles have not bonded properly with the screed underneath and have become loose. Also called “drummy” tiles by building professionals, this type of floor defect can be truly annoying, we agree. But what causes it? […]
- Sooner or later all house owners face some problems with the dividing fences that separate theirs and their neighbours’ property. Depending on the type of fence that you’re going to erect, prices can go up to A$125 per square meter, or simply said – it’s not cheap, so it’s always best if you have a […]
- So, you’ve been a proud homeowner for some time now but your family living space needs have changed? You’re probably thinking about making some major shifts, regarding your property. Should you move to a much larger house? Or would it be better if you renovated or extended your home?
- With the percentage of renters on the rise for the last 25 years, there are a lot of things that need to be made clear. If you’ve never rented before in your life, there can be a lot of hidden tricks to deceit you out of your money. Whenever you are renting a property, you […]