Visit the land of pesky bugs and clever rodents.
Roaches, bed bugs, creepy spiders and pesky mice have been jumping at the opportunity to sneakily make humans their housemates for centuries. And in Australia, even more so, with our perfect climate for crawlies and bugs to breed and multiply undisturbed at a fast rate. So, learn here how to keep vermin at bay, mostly, the natural way! Get to know how to get rid of an army of any type of ants or prevent a cockroach infestation the smart way!
We rely on the expertise of experienced pest control specialists to bring you the most sound pest proofing advice right below. And if you’re not up to the job of dealing with a nest of rats in your attic, we’ll gladly send a pro your way to help you!
- Rat mites. Even the word combination can invoke nightmares. Tiny, disgusting, and literally living on the back on nasty rodents, these creatures are something that you don’t want to see in your property. With that being said, what exactly are rat mites? How does one get them in their home? Are they more dangerous than […]
- While having a bunch of pigeons as neighbours on the roof may not immediately sound like a very bad thing, if you happen to have a PV system, then you should know that birds nesting underneath it can prove very troublesome. Solar energy systems make for a very convenient nesting location for pigeons by providing […]
- Seeing a crawly creature at your home and not knowing what it is exactly can be very irritating. To the untrained eye, ants and termites can look very similar and be easily mistaken for one another. However, they are two entirely different insects and each of them has its specific traits. Although both ants and […]
- Rats. No matter if you find the creatures utterly disgusting or not, seeing one running around your home is never a pleasant experience. With that being said, did you know that the chance of that rat-looking rodent taking a walk in your kitchen not being a rat is pretty big? Yup – there are plenty […]
- Dust mites. The very first thing that most of you associate the insect-like pest with are allergies and you are right to do so. Dust mites are a “famous” allergen that can trigger A LOT of health problems, such as hay fever, signs of asthma, and others. Needless to say, having the creatures in your […]
- Have you noticed some bald spots on your favourite rug? Or maybe, there’s an inexplicable hole in your silk gown? Well, the culprits behind this can be easily a number of introduced or native-to-Australia textile pests, including the larvae of one common carpet beetle species – the Variegated carpet beetle (Anthrenus verbasci). Well, in this […]
- It’s no secret that Australia is teeming with pests whose sole purpose seems to be making our lives more difficult. And wood-eating insects are among the pesky ones that can ruin your beloved furniture, or worse – cause severe structural damage to your home. Knowing how to identify a wood borer infestation is not something […]
- There are some unusual insects worldwide, but as always, Australia seems to take the cake for some of the most peculiar specimens. On this continent live species that wouldn’t and shouldn’t survive anywhere else in the world (or at least that’s what people are hoping for). Here you can encounterer some of the most colossal […]
- Saying that finding weevils in your pantry can be pretty unpleasant is an understatement. They have no earthly business being there. Still, sometimes it happens, and when it does, you need to take reasonable measures to ensure that the weevils don’t appear again. So, why do you have weevils in your home in the first […]
- Your kitchen can be like a restaurant with an open invitation to all kinds of pests. From the more harmless ones, like weevils, to the ones that can get you seriously sick, like cockroaches and mice. Improperly stored food like grains, flour, and cereal can get infested with bugs quite easily. Even if you store […]