DIY your way to reinventing or keeping your home in top condition.
Love tinkering with stuff and modifying, repurposing or fixing things at home? Then, this section on our blog is just for you! You’ll find out how to troubleshoot your AC system, turn your balcony into a mini green paradise or extend your kitchen facilities out in the open for an enjoyable cooking experience outdoors.
Search the box above for helpful tips on some easy home repairs that you can do yourself with the help of a few simple tools. And please, tell us how you did in the comment section, so the rest of our readers can get inspired, too, and join our DIY community!
- Wallpaper is a popular medium in home decoration, as it is versatile and easy to install. It offers a great choice when it comes to pattern, colour, material and texture. However, as with other aspects of interior design, trends in wallpaper come and go quickly – a fair reason for one to feel the need […]
- Changing a light fitting might look complicated at first, but it can be an easy task, even for beginners. It all comes down to using the right tools, which you probably have already in your home, and exercising caution throughout the process. Whether you want to replace a faulty ceiling light or just wish to […]
- Are you looking into renovating your floors and wondering about what type to choose? Or maybe, any dilemmas have already been resolved and you’ve decided to go for the popular laminate flooring option? Good choice. Relatively easy-to-install, durable and inexpensive, laminate is a floating type of flooring that usually resembles timber or sometimes, stone. It […]
- One of the scariest bathroom problems comes when your toilet won’t flush. It’s a common household issue that can be very annoying to deal with. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the possible reasons why your toilet is not flushing properly and offer some professional solutions on how to fix it. […]
- While the maintenance of most domestic appliances comes down to simple wiping of surfaces and the occasional repair, there are some, which are a bit more demanding. Such is the case with an air conditioning system, regardless of its type. Whether you have a split-system AC or a ducted air conditioning, there are necessary tasks […]
- Your toilet probably doesn’t get a lot of maintenance, other than regular cleaning. As long as it isn’t clogged, you’re better off leaving it alone, right? But what happens when you try to flush and it doesn’t work as it should? Do you have a plunger? Even if you don’t – there are more than […]
- A fresh morning shower – this is, maybe, the most enjoyable part of our daily routine. It makes sense that you might want to ensure that this experience is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. A small upgrade to your bathroom can make a big difference. One of the simplest ways is to install new […]
- Hot summer days are a bliss in many parts of the world but in Australia, heatwaves can be harsh, sweaty and lasting for days. Folks, of course, can find refuge inside their homes in the hottest part of the day. But what happens if your air conditioning starts playing up? Simple. You’ll be heading for […]
- Do you own a refrigerator? Don’t answer that. Of course, you do – it’s a staple appliance in every kitchen. But how long have you had it? They usually last for years, but that doesn’t mean you won’t encounter common problems over time, like water pooling in one of your fridge’s sides. It can be […]
- The cost of installing a ducted air conditioning system depends on numerous factors. It’s important to note here, as well, the two main aspects taken into account of the overall price. Such as the cost of the actual system that consists of various components and the installation itself, in terms of labour, the complexity of […]