- The Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: June 11, 2021
- Views: 660
Flat-Pack Furniture Assembly Cost in Australia
Flat-pack furniture – everybody loves a quick and easy home interior solution. This type of furniture is a far more budget-friendly solution that can save you the hassle of dealing with designers, looking at samples, and waiting months for a single sofa to get finished and sent to your house. With that being said, getting a flat-pack coffee table delivered to your home is as simple as ordering pizza, but what about the aftermath of the purchase? Who is going to assemble the thing?
Many people decide to book professional flat-pack assembly services, instead of dealing with tools and complicated instructions. But even then a specific question arises. The question of how much does professional flat-pack furniture assembly actually cost. In this article, we are going to answer it.
So, if you are someone that:
- Wonders how much it will cost you to have your flat-pack furniture put together by a specialist;
- Wants to know about the different types of flat-pack furniture pieces that can be assembled professionally;
- Is interested in why you should hire a furniture assembly technician for the job.
… then this is the article for you.
Table of Contents:
Flat-pack assembly cost in Australia
As with all types of services, the cost of professional flat-pack assembly also varies. But to give you a general price idea, your flat-pack furniture assembly cost can start from around $40/hr for smaller projects, and go up to $60/hr for larger furniture pieces.
Generally, there are many factors that can affect the end price. As we’ve already mentioned, the size of the furniture piece can either lower or fatten up the end quote, but also how complicated the project is, the appointment details, such as the day and time of the service, your living area, and, of course, the additional services that come with the flat-pack furniture assembly. For example, getting a huge wardrobe delivered to your home and assembled will be much more expensive than having your booked pros put together a small table, which you’ve bought and driven to your home yourself.
With all of this being said, make sure to do your research, check reviews, and carefully compare prices, before you decide to book a flat-pack furniture assembly company.
Types of furniture for which you can hire an assembly specialist
Most companies in Australia that specialise in flat-pack furniture assembly can put together almost any type of furniture that you need them to. Of course, there are going to be some exceptions, which will be individual for the different service providers. But, for the most part, you can have the following flat-pack furniture pieces professionally assembled:
- Children’s furniture & Cots
- Sofas & Lounges
- Coffee Tables
- Entertainment Units
Disadvantages of a DIY flat-pack furniture project
At this point, the thought of DIY-ing your flat-pack furniture pieces has probably crossed your mind. While the task looks pretty simple to complete, there is a lot that goes into it, especially if you are dealing with a more complicated project. With that in mind, here are some of the disadvantages of assembling flat-pack furniture by yourself:
- There is a risk that you could get hurt. Bigger furniture pieces mean a higher risk of having a wardrobe door fall on your head.
- You need to have the right instruments. This means that if you don’t have that exact screwdriver in your tool drawers, you are not going to have a table.
- Instructions tend to be complicated. Sometimes it’s not a matter of 5 easy-to-follow steps. No, no – sometimes the instructions leaflet looks like a fairly short novel.
- The end results may not be great. If you miss a step from the instructions, you can end up with a wobbly chair, ready to fall to pieces after the second use.
Why hire professional furniture assemblers
While flat-pack assembly may sound like a fun DIY project, and most of the time it really is, it doesn’t mean that it is an easy one. We’ve all seen on TV shows how the main character of a series decides to build their own shelves or install their own kitchen cabinets, and he ends up with an assembled furniture piece and a whole pile of leftover parts. Believe it or not, this situation also happens in real life. You decide to build your own table, you are “done” with the assembly, and after the second dinner party, things start to move around. To avoid having to live with wonky furniture as a result of DIY endeavours, your best bet is to hire a professional furniture assembly specialist to handle the job.
We, at Fantastic Services, offer professional handyman flat-pack assembly services, which can save you the hassle of gathering tools and reading complicated instructions. The service is really easy to book, performed by fully equipped professionals, and suitable for most types of flat-pack furniture brands. So don’t risk having an unstable shelf collapse in the middle of your living room, and book Fantastic Services’ flat-pack assembly services today!
Having troubles with flat-pack furniture?
Skip the headaches, get your furniture professionally assembled.
- It’s always better to have someone put together your flat-pack furniture, instead of doing it yourself. Booking a professional furniture assembly will save you a lot of time, energy, and will eliminate the risk of ending up with a wonky table;
- Always makes sure to check reviews and to compare company prices before making a booking for a flat-pack furniture assembly service;
- Check the list of furniture brands that the company assembles – you don’t want to have a flat-pack furniture assembly arrive at your home, only to find out that they can’t put together your wardrobe;
- Generally, same-day, weekend, and late service appointments tend to be a bit more expensive than the regular Monday morning option;
We hope that you’ve found our article on the cost of flat-pack assembly helpful and information. Make sure to share your thoughts and recommendations in the comment section below!
- Last update: August 13, 2021
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within Australia. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.